Panna cotta is an Italian dessert often served with berries, caramel, fruits or chocolate sauce. By adding white chocolate into the panna cotta mixture and the berries on top, you’ll get both: chocolate and berries.
Ingredients for Marinated Strawberries and Blueberries for 4 Servings
- 1 dl (1/2 cup) of water – agua
- 1 dl (1/2 cup) of sugar – azucar
- 2 1/2 tablespoons of lemon liqueur (Limoncello for example) – licor de lemón
- 100 g (4 oz) of strawberries – fresas
- 100 g (4 oz) of blueberries – arándanos
- 1 tablespoon of ground green peppercorn – pimienta verde
Measure the water and sugar to a sauce pan and let it simmer for 10 minutes. Add the lemon liqueur and let the mixture cool. Add chopped strawberries and blueberries and put the pan in the fridge to marinate for a few hours.
Ingredients for White Chocolate Panna Cotta for 4 Servings
- 3 gelatin leaves – hojas de gelatina
- 100 g (4 oz) white chocolate – chocolate blanca
- 2 dl (1 cup) of milk – leche
- 3 dl (1 1/2 cups) of heavy cream – nata cocina
- 2 tablespoons of sugar – azucar
- 1 cinnamon stick – ramita de canela
- 1 vanilla stick – ramita de vainilla
- 6 of digestive biscuits – galleta digestive
- 3 tablespoons of butter – mantequilla
- A splash of lemon liqueur – licor de lemón
- Mint leaves – hojas de menta
Soak the gelatin leaves in cold water for 5 minutes.
Melt the butter in a sauce pan. Crush the digestive biscuits to crumbs. Pour melted butter on top of the crumbs and mix well. Press the crumbs lightly on the bottom of large wine glasses.
Put cream, milk, cinnamon stick and vanilla seeds to a sauce pan and bring to boil. Add chopped white chocolate and sugar, and stir until they are melted. Remove the cinnamon stick. Remove excess water from the gelatin leaves and add them into the hot cream. When the leaves have melted pour the mixture carefully (use a tablespoon, if necessary) to the wine glasses.
Place the glasses in the fridge for at least 4 hours.
Add the marinated berries on top and season with a splash of lemon liqueur just before serving. Garnish with mint leaves.