This recipe combines sweet and spicy flavors with salmon fillets. We have done this dish at least fifty times during the years. This time we fried green and red paprikas with onions in honey and parmesan cheese for the side dish, but you can literally make anything for the side. The marinated salmon goes very well with green salad, for example.
Ingredients for Chili and Honey Marinated Salmon for 4 Servings
- 4 fillets of fresh salmon, about 250 g (1/2 pound) each – filetes de salmón
- 1 red chili – pimienta picante
- 0,5 dl (0.2 cups) of honey – miel
- 0,5 dl (0.2 cups) of soy sauce – salsa de soya
- a dash of olive oil – aceite de oliva
- a dash of Jerez vinegar – vinagre de Jerez
Remove fishbones from the fillets, if needed. Mix all ingredients in a plastic box large enough for the fillets. Seal the box and marinate in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
When marinated, dry only the skin side. Grill on medium heat for about 5 minutes skin side down. Be careful not to overcook, because salmon goes easily dry in grill.
Ingredients for Paprika and Onion Side Dish for 4 Servings
- a dash of olive oil
- 2 green paprikas – pimientos verdes
- 1 red paprika – pimiento rojo
- 1 large onion – cebolla grande
- 5 tablespoons of honey – miel
- a pinch of sea salt – sal marina
- 1 dl (0.5 cups) of grated parmesan cheese – queso parmesano
Cut onions and paprikas into slices and fry them soft in olive oil. Add honey, salt and parmesan cheese. Mix well. Remove from the heat as soon as the cheese is melted. Serve immediately.