This BBQ sauce recipe is something that we have done several times over the years. It is far better than any bottled sauce. Also, the soft ingredients in the sauce give you the feeling of home made sauce, so we usually do not use blender when making this. You can use it for ribs for marinating and dipping sauce. It goes well with pulled pork and why not just dip some fries into it! ¿Por que no?
The Best BBQ Sauce for 4 Servings
- 4 chopped spring onion – cebolleta
- 4 cloves of garlic (or garlic stems) finely minced – dientes de ajo
- 0,5 dl (1/4 cup) olive oil – aceite de oliva
- 1 chili – pimiento picante
- 1 teaspoon of spicy Spanish smoked paprika – pimentón picante
- 1 teaspoon of smoked salt – sal ahumado
- 2 teaspoons of fresh ground black pepper – pimienta negra
- 4 dl (2 cups) of ketchup – ketchup
- 2 dl (1 cup) of brown sugar – azucar morena
- 0,5 dl (1/4 cup) of apple vinegar
- 0,5 dl (1/4 cup) Dijon mustard – mostaza Dijon
- 0,5 dl (1/4 cup) Worcestershire sauce – salsa Worcestershire
- a few drops of chipotle tabasco – tabasco chipotle
Soften chopped onion and garlic in olive oil for 2-3 minutes on medium heat. Add chopped chili, smoked paprika, salt and black pepper and stir well. And remaining ingredients, stir and bring to boil. Lower heat and let the sauce simmer for about one hour.
After the hour check the taste. You can increase spiciness by adding tabasco. Check the balance between salt and sugar and adjust, if needed. Cool to room temperature and refrigerate at least for one day before using.